March 15, 2021
This week, consider how you can support your students’ mental and physical wellbeing through your course design. What are you doing to incorporate physical activity and novelty?
Please add your own ideas for providing clear course navigation on the Open Space doc.
Items Referenced in This Video:
- Article: Laziness Does Not Exist. Psychological research is clear: when… | by Devon Price | Human Parts
- Article: Late-Stage Pandemic Is Messing With Your Brain
- Study: Mental Health – Household Pulse Survey – COVID-19
- Idea: Incorporate a stretch break into your videos and/or written instructions (avoid ableism when doing so).
- Idea: Add non-course-related questions to quizzes or tests, such as asking students to share a song they enjoy or choosing from a list of activities such as exercising for five minutes, cooking something new, connecting with a family member, or taking a walk outside (if they can do so safely).
- Idea: What is one small thing you can add to your course to be the equivalent of making one’s bed in the morning? Something small and achievable is the first step to success.